Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Star Wars Marathon

I realized one day that my kids don't know Star Wars well enough.  Sure, they play the LEGO game on the Wii, but I don't know that the two youngest have seen the original movies and it's been so long since the older two have seen them that they don't remember a lot.  So I did some planning, the kids helped, and today we had a Star Wars marathon.  Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi.  We had made a list of themed foods to eat throughout the day, knowing that we wouldn't have all of them, but we could have a lot.  We were going to go shopping yesterday for supplies but I wasn't feeling the greatest so we made do with what we had.  A friend of mine let me borrow her Star Wars cookbook which gave me some more ideas.
So this is what we ended up having:
 "Sand"wich People
Princess Leia Buns (Cinnamon Rolls)
Yoda Soda
Cheese "Wedge"s
Pizza the Hutt (nod to the movie, Spaceballs)
Death Star Cheeseball
Blue Milk
Hoth Chocolate
Not bad for using the things we had on hand.  And the kids really enjoyed getting to watch all three movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment