Wednesday, March 26, 2014

It's Calling To Me

We've had years when we've celebrated a bunch of different holidays on Make Up Your Own Holiday Day, March 26.  We've had years when we've only celebrated one.  This year it was sort of in between.  Jeremy, Nichole, and Jr. each decided on a holiday as we were discussing it at dinner last night.
Today we had a chance to celebrate them and came up with a few more.
Jr. suggested a few days ago that the holiday we make up should be Birthday Day and we should have birthday cake.  We forgot to buy a cake mix so I made a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting since I had those ingredients on hand and it sounded yummy.  
He also suggested we give each other presents- hugs and kisses, the chocolate kind.  If we didn't have the chocolate kind, we could give real hugs and kisses, so that's what we did.
Nichole decided on 5 Tiny Ballerinas Jumping on the Bed Day.  Jeremy and the kids played Just Dance Kids 2- the song "Five Little Monkeys."  As they danced they changed the words.  "Five tiny ballerinas jumping on the bed.  One fell off and did a grand jete.... Four tiny ballerinas jumping on the bed.  One fell off and did a pirouette."

Jeremy chose Mediate a Battle Day.  While Nichole and Jr. were at school, Jeremy volunteered to help with the 5th/6th graders' Battle of the Books at their school.  This evening, Jr. and Jr. Jr. played Battleship while Jeremy "mediated."
When Jeremy came home this morning from the school, he found me in a state.  Here are some words to describe my state (in no particular order)- energetic, effervescent, exuberant, excited, enthusiastic, exercising, euphoric, etc.  I was looking out the window at the clouds.  The window was open so I could feel the breeze.  "The weather, " I told Jeremy, "It's calling to me."  "It's calling to me!"  I really wanted to get out.  We decided to go to a park where we could walk around.  I mentioned about going to Highland Glen Park with the big duck pond.  Jr. Jr. let me know that that was his park and he would give me permission to go to his park.  He and I jumped up and down while we got excited about getting out.  So we celebrated The Weather: It's Calling to Me Day.
By the time we got to the park, it was pretty windy and getting cold.  I thought the weather had been calling to me.  Jeremy volunteered to stay in the van with Lucky while Jr. Jr. and I went for a walk.  As he and I were walking, we stopped at the bridge we played Pooh Sticks at a year ago.  We played Pooh Sticks again, just the two of us.  It was so fun.  After playing Pooh Sticks a few times, he and I continued around the pond.  I'm really glad that Jeremy and Lucky stayed in the van, because it was rainy and cold by the time we got back.  I explained to Jr. Jr. about the water being choppy because of the wind and what choppy meant.
I am glad we got out.  We needed it.
Around dinnertime, Jeremy and I came up with another holiday, but I can't remember what it was.  Something about food with vegetables in it.  Besides the carrot cake, we also had spinach quiche and zucchini bread.
Yeah, yummy.
It was another good Make Up Your Own Holiday Day.  I'm glad we're able to celebrate so many wonderful things together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment