Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Johnny Appleseed Day 2014

The last couple of evenings have been great for dinnertime discussion.  Tonight to go along with Johnny Appleseed Day, March 11, Jeremy talked to us about how energy gets converted from sunlight into apples and then into our bodies.
And then into bunny ears, the kids added.
After dinner the kids and I played the game, Sorry!  Jr. suggested that we pretend the pieces were apples, so every time a piece got bumped off, someone would say, "Sorry I bumped your [insert color] apple off with my [insert another color] apple."  It was great with the red, green, and yellow pieces, but it was a little bit weird to talk about the blue apples in the game.
About the game (but not the Johnny Appleseed part), the older two kids decided to gang up on me to prevent my victory.  I found it funny since I was already behind everyone else (I think I only had 1 or 2 pieces out of Start at a time, and not just because the kids kept bumping me back).  They prevented my victory all right, and completely missed Jr. Jr. making his way with all four pieces to Home.
It was fun and Jr. Jr. was excited to find that he won.

1 comment:

  1. Even though they were joking about it, Nichole had no idea Jr. was giving her bunny ears when I took that picture.

    ReplyDelete