Thursday, March 6, 2014

Helpful Oreos


The kids and I sat down with a plate of Oreo cookies this evening.  March 6 is the birthday of the Oreo Cookie after all.  For each Oreo we ate, we told one thing that we were going to do this coming week to help our home and family.
Here's what we'll do:
Jr. will be nice to Mom and Dad and help clean up the kitchen.
Jr. Jr. will clean up everything he takes out of his room and eat everything that Mom gives him.
Nichole will clean up after herself and clean up the living room.
I will read my scriptures and say my prayers and I will listen to my children.
Jeremy came home later and added to the list.
He will not yell and he will give a compliment each day to someone he loves.

It's kind of a fun way of goal setting- rewarding ourselves for setting realistic goals in the first place (I did have to point out what realistic goals are when one of the children said he would clean up every room in our home- not realistic).  I figure after the week is up (or during the week), we'll sit down with another plate of Oreos and report on how we did (or are doing).

No comments:

Post a Comment