Saturday, April 6, 2013

General Conference!

It's General Conference time again.  We set up the reverence tent again. 

It was cute to see all the kids at the beginning in the tent together as Conference started.  Jr. and Jr. Jr. only lasted so long until they were running around, playing, getting their sister frustrated because she was trying to be reverent.  I was impressed with Nichole.  She stayed in the living room the whole time to listen to Conference.  Part of the time she was in the reverence tent and part of the time she was out lying down next to me.

Before the second session, the kids and I took a quick trip to a park.  I considered four different parks before we went out and we were on the way to one when I changed my mind and went to one that was closer than the one I had picked because we were running out of time before the second session of Conference.  I'm glad I did.  It was lovely.  Ducks in the pond, people fishing, beautiful cloudy weather, a flat path for the kids to scooter on and I could push Jr. Jr. in the stroller.  He loved pointing out the ducks to me.

Both sessions were good and of course there were things that I needed to hear, some good reminders.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow, as well.

2 comments:

  1. Last year my mother-in-law set up Zarahemla in her basement and we sat with our tents facing toward King Benjamin (or the current prophet today). Very fun and squishy. The kids loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun thing. Our kids expect it every Conference now.

      Delete