Sunday, April 28, 2013

Lookee What I Made

I'm tired.  I have good reason.  Jeremy spent three days building huge sculptures at Thanksgiving Point.  Since he had another show on Saturday that he didn't have time to build a big sculpture for, guess who got the job.  That's right.  Little ol' me.  Jeremy has a lot more experience with these big sculptures which means I'm a lot slower.  So I gave myself plenty of time and I was still burned out at the end.  The more I do it, though, the better I'll get and the less burned out I'll get.

My wonderful husband helped me by building the hands, the stick part of the shovel that the hand is holding (because it went with the hand) and the hat (and belt).  I probably could have done it myself, but I was burned out and those parts didn't take him very long and he was home at the time.

Jeremy, of course, has reason to be very very tired.  At church today, two different people brought the newspaper article that was in Saturday's Daily Herald about him and his project at Thanksgiving Point.

And now it's all done.  I can be tired.  Too tired to blog.  Just in time to start Turnoff Week (a.k.a. Screen Free Week) tomorrow.  So don't expect any blog posts from me this coming week, April 29-May 5.  I'm going to rest and start to get my home back in order from the neglect of this past week.

2 comments:

  1. This sculpture we lovingly refer to as "The Digger," since it was for a library whose reading program theme was "Dig in to reading." He's holding a shovel in one hand and a book in the other. Jeremy built a better belt once he got to the library, but "The Digger" is actually in two parts in this picture. The torso is balancing on the legs for the picture. It's easier to fit in the car in pieces then tie them together at the site. The hands came off, too.
    Not bad for my first time making a person this size.

    ReplyDelete