Monday, April 22, 2013

Happy Hunting!

Nichole lost another tooth today... twice.  This afternoon, her loose tooth came out.  Yay! 

She put it in her tooth pillow to be ready for when the tooth fairy came.  This evening she checked her tooth pillow before she put her pajamas on and the tooth was there.  When she was ready to go to sleep, she checked it again and it wasn't there.  Ack.  So we went on a tooth hunt.  Jeremy checked on Nichole's bed.  I checked on Nichole's bed.  I looked on the side of her bunk, pulling up the mattress enough to check on the slats that hold her mattress.  We checked on Jr.'s bed.  We checked on the side of his bunk, pulling up the mattress enough to check on the slats that hold his mattress.  We looked under the bed.  Jeremy shined a flashlight from the edge.  I crawled a little way under, though not too far since my shape has changed a bit over the years and I was afraid of getting stuck. 

But Jr. and Jr. Jr. both crawled under the bed to look while I shined a flashlight.  We just could not find that tooth.  Nichole knew the tooth fairy would understand.  The tooth did come out, it just came out of her tooth pillow, too.  We told her to write a note to the tooth fairy explaining what happened.

Then Jeremy asked, "Has anyone said a prayer?"  Nope.  None of us had thought to.  Silly us.  So Nichole said a prayer and as she and I talked about it again, Jeremy went in to the kids' room to do some more searching.  In a little bit I went in there to check on him.  He had Nichole's mattress pulled up and was looking at the slats on the bunk.  He pointed something out to me and I reached for it from underneath.  It was Nichole's tooth... in a spot I had looked several times but didn't see it.  But as soon as Nichole said that prayer, there it was.  She said a prayer of thanks and we of course were grateful.

She still wanted to write a note to the tooth fairy so she did, put her note and the tooth back in her tooth pillow, and went to bed.



 "Dear tooth fairy,
I have wrote this to tell you I lost my tooth.  Happy Hunting!
I think you're great.
Love, 
Nichole"



 

Quite the hunt and a good reminder to pray always.

No comments:

Post a Comment