Thursday, January 3, 2013

Science Fiction Day Observed

January 2 was Science Fiction Day.  Jeremy and I did watch some X-Files last night, but our real celebrating was today.  Why?  Because our belated Christmas present came by Fed Ex today. 


The First and Fifth Series of Doctor Who.  Yeah.  Guess what we're watching now (though I'm taking a quick break to write this blog post).  We watched some more X-Files this morning then I went to the library to check out A Wrinkle in Time.  I mentioned before that 2012 was the 50th anniversary of when the book was published, but we didn't get around to reading it last year.  So we started reading it to the kids this evening.  And guess what else.

They had a 50th Anniversary Edition at the library.  I had to get that one since that was the reason we thought to read it to the kids in the first place.

We also let Jr. play some Lego Star Wars on the Wii to celebrate.

Woohoo for science fiction!

1 comment:

  1. I will have to remember to ask you how they like the book. It is one of my favorites and I am curious at what age it will be fun for my kids.

    ReplyDelete