Wednesday, January 23, 2013

National Pie Day 2013

January 23, National Pie Day.  Nichole requested blueberry pie to celebrate.  Canned blueberry pie filling and frozen blueberries were not in my price range when I went shopping.  Fresh blueberries are not in season.  Who knows if my picky eaters would even eat a blueberry pie I made?  So I bought a couple of less than a dollar frozen mini pies so everyone could have a taste.  One was cherry berry (cherry and blueberry) and one was apple (for the non-berry eaters).  We heated those up and had them along with our easy chicken pot pie.  I got the recipe for that on the back of a Bisquick box years ago and I love it.

Celebrating National Pie Day.  Easy as pie.

1 comment:

  1. My picky eaters didn't finish their little slices of cherry berry. I'm glad I went for the less expensive option. My least picky kid ate his, though. And two helpings of chicken pot pie, which the others barely finished one. See, it's not my cooking.

    ReplyDelete