Thursday, February 2, 2012

February Holidays Coming Up

Over the past couple of years I have blogged about several February holidays. Here's a list and links of some of the holidays coming up this month and when I (or my husband) blogged about them in the past:

Today, February 2, is Groundhog Day.
February 2, 2011- Groundhog Day 2011

February 14 is Valentine's Day.
February 15, 2010- Valentine's/New Year
February 14, 2011- Valentine's 2011
February 15, 2011- A Brief Rundown of Our Valentine's

February 18 is Pluto Day.
This one is blogged on The Balloon Guy's Blog (after reading about Pluto Day, be sure to click on the links at the bottom of the article to see suggestions for activities and refreshments).

February 20 is President's Day.
February 21, 2011- Happy President's Day!
February 25, 2011- Reasons to Celebrate

And Jeremy's birthday is coming up this month as well.
March 4, 2010- Happy Birthday, Jeremy!

February 28 is National Tooth Fairy Day.
This is what we've been seeing in our home recently:
Nichole's first loose tooth. She is so excited. She's been waiting and waiting, while a lot of her other friends have been losing teeth, she's been waiting. Now it's her turn.
I don't even know how long it takes for a tooth to come out after it starts to get loose. Dad? Christine and Jason?
I guess we'll find out. And we'll see how we celebrate National Tooth Fairy Day this year.

2 comments:

  1. For Brendan it was about 2 weeks from loose to out, less if he wiggles it. I don't know if that is standard or not. I'll ask Jason. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all depends on the kid. Some kids are so excited about money from the tooth fairy that they do anything to get it out. Others are so afraid of it hurting a tiny bit that they hold onto it for what seems forever. I've seen them come in when the parents were so freaked out that they had to have it removed ASAP. Many times they had waited so long that I said I'd take a look and the minute they showed it to me it was gone before they knew what was happening.

    ReplyDelete