Thursday, March 4, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jeremy!

Jeremy recently had a birthday... Full of Surprises!
As you know, he already got his pizza stone present on Valentine's Day, which we've made good use of so far. He was planning on getting his website finished on that day, but got it done a few days later. Instead, he helped me out sooooo much when the kids were restless and I was trying to make his special birthday dinner. He knew I was making him a special birthday dinner, but the night before got called to do a show on his birthday. So, we were going to try to hurry and do his birthday dinner early enough. That morning the show was canceled so he was going to be home for his special birthday dinner. With everything that we were working on, we ended up eating later than we would have liked, but he still had a good birthday. Yay.

The kids helped set the table- they did the silverware, but were a little distracted.


But they did a really good job of helping me make Jeremy's birthday cake. We made him rainbow cupcakes. We got the idea again from FamilyFun Magazine. Thanks again, Mom T. I'm getting a lot of use out of that subscription you got me.
At first I wondered if we had enough food coloring for that many drops of each color (especially since Jeremy used red for our Valentine pancakes earlier in the month), but man, there are a whole lot of drops in each of those little containers.
The kids and I mixed up the colors and I spread them in the cupcake cups.

When they were baked, they looked cool. Here's the outside view after I peeled the cupcake cup off:



And here's the inside view:



We did put whipped topping on our cupcakes when we ate them. They kept fooling me however, when I was expecting fruity flavoring based on the colors but just got regular white cake flavoring.

We had fun, and I have to say, I think Jeremy did have an enjoyable birthday.

2 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes look SO COOL!! You are always so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! Those cupcakes are awesome! Here's a crazy idea. Would you and Jeremy like to do a guest post for my blog with my sister. Nothing like a free shameless plug. You could include pictures of the fam, or just pictures of ballon art. Before you commit, check out the blog http://acraftyclan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete