Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Costumes 2011

So last year I sewed Halloween costumes for the kids and blogged about it.

This year I sewed costumes for them again. Jr. was Luke Skywalker, Nichole was Princess Leia, and Jr. Jr. was an Ewok (most probably Wicket).
I sewed the Jedi robe, Princess Leia dress, and Wicket hood. Nichole's wig is made from yarn. I got the idea from the October 2010 issue of FamilyFun Magazine.

Since I spent all my time making costumes for the kids, I didn't spend much time thinking how to dress up myself. I do like dressing up. So yesterday, I thought about my ruthlessness way back when and how I hadn't gotten rid of the Mrs. Claus coat. I thought if I put that coat on and carried a pizza sheet (let's call it a cookie sheet) to put candy on to hand out, it would work for a costume. When I told Jeremy that, he said he could dress up as an elf. So we had theme costumes, too.


And do you like our pumpkin Jeremy carved, er... I mean sculpted?


Happy Halloween.

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Anna and Ellery loved seeing the pictures of the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you were warm enough in that coat. :) Love the Leia dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was actually a pretty sunny day. Our ward's trunk or treat was early enough that it was still warm. I never got TOO warm, though, thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete