Sunday, January 30, 2011

Spudnuts

One night, Jeremy made spudnuts- donuts made with mashed potatoes. It takes up the whole table to make them.

The next morning the kids came out when it was time to frost them.

Here are some of the things that were heard-


Nichole: Oooh, they look like like donuts.
(pause to take a bite)
And on the top they taste like donuts.


When Jr. woke up and came out-


Nichole: Daddy's making spudnuts into donuts and donut rolls. Try it. It's delicious?

Did you know those are yummy, too?


Jr. (in a confused voice after picking off the sprinkles and eating them): No more sprinkles.


Nichole (while watching Daddy frost the donuts and holes): There's some of those sauce on the donut rolls.
It's going to be a sprinkle pie donut roll.

3 comments:

  1. I made spudnuts once when I was a Merrie Miss in Primary, and came home with a whole plateful. Saturday morning, before my 10:00 soccer game, I consumed 8 of those delicious things in one sitting. My coach yelled and yelled, but it didn't make me run any faster - I was stuck in slow motion! Mmm... spudnuts. Care to post a recipe so I can do gorge myself again? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cut the "do" from that last sentence...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love spudnuts! When I was a little girl (about 5) my Grandparent worked the night shift at a spudnut shop making donuts and on occasion my mom would let us go visit them at work and my grandpa would sneak up donut holes. Apparently this was before it was cool to sell them. I was always amazed with the process and the size of the big mixer, but mostly I loved the taste!

    ReplyDelete