Sunday, January 16, 2011

How about a game and a movie?

The other day, the kids reminded me of yet another place in our apartment that needs to be organized. We have a bunch of board games and miscellaneous toys in a cupboard under our bookcase. I really need to go through and decide what to keep and what to get rid of. They are often forgotten because they are hiding in that cupboard (out of sight, out of mind). Since the living room was clean (thanks to super helper, Jr.), the kids decided to get into the cupboard and start playing with the things in there. And yes, everything did get put back. Yay, kids.
Anway, this playing led to the kids and I playing a board game that I've had for years (but haven't played for years). It was a Wizard of Oz trivia board game. It was simple enough Jr. and Nichole were able to play it with me. They did pretty well guessing things (and knowing some, too) about the movie and story. Now for those of you who knew me in high school, it wouldn't surprise you to know that I have quite a few Wizard of Oz items around. So it was a good game (we all finished a little after each other).

That evening, I let the kids watch the movie. They had been good that day, so I was happy to let them watch it.

Good bonding time with the kids.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you love Nichole's face in the last picture as she zones into the movie?

    ReplyDelete