Saturday, January 15, 2011

How Does She Clean?

She delegates.


Mommy: Nichole, clean up your stuff in the living room, please.
Nichole: Jr., will you clean up my stuff... with me?
Jr.: I can.


Nichole: Jr., can you clean up my stuff?
Jr. (while playing): I am.
Nichole: It's a big big big big mess.
Jr. (continues playing): I don't see a mess.
Nichole: Yes, see? Look around. It's all over. You didn't clean it up!


It went on like this for a little while. Eventually, Nichole threw everything in the folder. As I picked it up, little pieces and crayons came falling out all over the place. I helped her realize there was a better way of doing it. Clean up the crayons first. Put the papers into piles then put the piles in the page protectors where they go.


A little while later I was going through the exact same thing with Jr. and his activity folder. Didn't he learn anything from this experience with his sister?

3 comments:

  1. Good to learn the delegating skill early, I guess. And with a willing helper, why not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man... you are so much more patient than I would have been. Big time.

    ReplyDelete