Friday, January 22, 2010

It Was a Good Day

Most of the time when I say, "It was a good day," it has nothing to do with how much housework I got done nor is about accomplishing those things that I "needed" to do. Those are "productive" days. Most of the time, having a good day means that it was a good day with my family. As was today. Jeremy was out most of the day helping my brother celebrate his birthday. They went out to eat then out to film in the snow for my brother's YouTube videos.


While Jeremy was gone, the kids and I did a lot together. Once again, I love those days when I don't worry about what I'm not getting done, because I'm enjoying more important things- my children (and of course my husband when he's there, too).


We danced, we played games, Nichole practiced writing letters, we drew pictures, we played with dominoes, we ate, we actually did get some dishes done. It helps when the kids are willing to put their dishes in the sink after meals, which also gave us more table space for activities.


My favorite part was when the three of us were at the table drawing and coloring pictures, and the kids decided to contribute to the picture I was doing. It was fun. We were all coloring on the same piece of paper at the same time.


And amazingly, after spending a whole day giving my children a lot of attention, I've got a lot of energy still. Time to be "productive."

It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment