Monday, January 4, 2010

I Have a Handle on It

I did it. I did what I set out to do. This morning I said, "I think I can handle this day," and I did. I didn't worry about all the things I "needed" to do. I didn't get the living room cleaned and vacuumed. Instead I prioritized and supported my family.

I got up before anyone else and took the time I needed for scriptures and prayer to prepare myself for the day (it does make a difference). I made sure that we had our scripture and prayer time for our family as well, after everyone was up.

I knew it was important to support Jeremy working, so I made sure he knew that the kids and I would give him the hours he needed to do whatever he needed to do. So, while he cleaned his office for most of the day, the kids and I had a nice time together. After breakfast (and after the kids helped clear the table), we did some exercising- stretching and running around pretending to be different animals (including princesses, frogs, fireflies, etc.- continue reading to find out why).



Then we went to disney.com to play some "The Princess and the Frog" games. Nichole is very interested in that movie (even though we haven't seen it yet), and she's pretty good with the computer games.

After lunch, we all went outside. The kids played with the snow, while Jeremy and I chatted. Finally, we had everyone get in the car to go to the credit union, then home again where the kids continued to play with the snow, while I shoveled some of the ice in our parking spots, and Jeremy went back in to work on his office.

The kids helped me start some laundry, then we went on to our next activity.

Nichole has been wanting to paint rats, so we finally did today. We printed out a picture of Remy from Ratatouille for each of the kids and they painted them.

Before



After
The one on the left is Jr.'s and the one on the right is Nichole's.

After painting, we switched the laundry from the washing machine to the dryer, and the kids earned a movie.

Jeremy went off to do balloons at the Brick Oven and the kids watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, while I relaxed a bit.

The kids and I ate a light dinner, played some Monkey Island, and I got them ready for bed. Nichole was "too sleepy" to help clean up some rice she spilled so I let her know she'd have to go to bed if she was too sleepy. Jr. came out with me and fell asleep on the couch as I wrote this blog post. Nichole let me know she wasn't sleepy any more, but I didn't think she should get away with selective sleepiness, so I told her she needed to stay in her room. Poor little girl.

I am glad of the prioritizing I did today. I'm glad Jeremy had time to work on his stuff. I'm glad I spent a lot of time with the kids. And I'm glad tomorrow is family day so the kids get to spend time with both of us.

1 comment:

  1. I need to have more days like that. When I wake up dreading what I have to do that day it always goes poorly. When will I learn?

    ReplyDelete