Sunday, April 4, 2021

Waffles and Spinach and Scribbles, Oh My

March 25 was International Waffle Day. I made waffles and listened to Weird Al's "Waffle King."
 
March 26 was National Spinach Day. I planned to make spinach lasagna. I got a good start and was so proud of myself for cooking the spinach early. Then I realized we didn't have any cottage cheese which was called for in the recipe. Sigh. I also got an early start and made more French bread to make into garlic bread to go along with the lasagna. I am loving this French bread recipe.
So I fixed something else for the kids (with garlic bread on the side), Jeremy picked up some cottage cheese on his way home, and I had everything ready to go when he brought it to me. So a few of us had spinach lasagna (with garlic bread on the side) late at night but we still had it.
March 26 was also Make Up Your Own Holiday Day, but I was so focused on the lasagna thing, I didn't think about that. Later, the kids tried to convince me to let them play video games on their devices to go with Make Up Your Own Holiday Day (Mom, it's Triforce Heroes Day) but I wouldn't give in.
Instead I gave in the next day. After I helped Jeremy set up a balloon dino-gnome sculpture at Thanksgiving Point for Dino Day, 
I rested a little, the kids and I got some things done at home, including fun,
and some haircuts,
then later I let the boys play on their devices for Make Up Your Own Holiday Day (Observed) in the van. "Yay. Triforce Heroes Day."

We also ate more sloppy joes for National Joe Day on March 27 and Jet scribbled on a primary coloring page for National Scribble Day also on March 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment