Friday, April 9, 2021

Spring Break- Monday and Tuesday

For Spring Break I explained to the kids that we can do cleaning in the morning, get some outside time in the afternoon, and watch a movie in the evening. Simple enough, right? Um... yeah. Sure.
When dealing with multiple people who have their own interests or ways of doing things and weather that doesn't always cooperate and a mom who wants to fit holiday celebrating into the activities, sometimes things don't go exactly right. The kids and I planned out our week and... we adapted.
So this is the fun we did have on Monday and Tuesday (because I'm guessing you don't care as much about what cleaning we did):
Monday, the kids and I went for a drive. While we drove, Jr. had us play a game. One person calls out a word on a sign (since we were in the middle of the city for a while, it worked out). Whatever letter that word ends in, another person calls out a word they see on a sign that begins with that letter. You can't call out two words in a row, you have to wait until someone else finds a word before you can do it again. It was pretty fun until we reached "DQ." We were not on a road with a Quick Quack Car Wash, which would have made it simple, so we had to wait until after our outing to continue the game when we did pass a Quick Quack Car Wash on the way home. 

Our outing? We drove up to Big Springs Park and played frisbee. We had "Daddy" there with us as well as Flat Stanley who came home with Lucky for Spring Break.

After we got home we did get to watch a movie. 
Since April 5 was Gold Star Spouse's Day, I printed out a gold star to put on Jeremy's shirt when he got home. 
He is a most terrific spouse. When I'm in the middle of writing a blog post, if I step away (which often happens- Mom, here), some of my kids will sometimes come in and add "My husband is awesome." See, they know it. Sometimes I leave it in. Sometimes I take it out (my husband is still awesome, though) if it really doesn't fit what I was writing right then. So if you're reading my blog and a random "My husband is awesome" is in a blog post, my kids probably wrote it and it's true.
I didn't realize it but while I was making dinner that night, Jr. came up and put a gold star on my back. Aww. What a sweetie.

Tuesday, it snowed. We didn't get out like we planned. I did make a quick trip to the Provo Library to pick up some things that were being held for us. April 6 was Library Workers Day. See my post from March 25 of this year to read my opinion on library workers.
April 6 was also National Carbonara Day. I did make carbornara with French bread on the side.
April 6 was also the anniversary of the invention of the Twinkie but I totally forgot to get out the Twinkies to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment