Saturday, February 20, 2016

Pluto Day 2016

February 18 was Pluto Day.  At the end of the day, this is the comment I made.  "Ah, man.  We didn't do anything to celebrate Pluto Day."  This was Jr.'s response.  "Yes, we did.  We went out and got really cold."
Pluto is a very cold planet.  Jr. could tell you a lot about Pluto.  In fact, let's let him:

Fact #1. Pluto is really far from the sun. Fact #2. It is really cold there. Fact #3. Pluto day is on Feb. 18 every year. Fact #4. It was named by an 11 year old girl. (or teenager :) ;) I don't really know ) Fact #5. Pluto has a heart shaped crater on it. Fact #6. It has at least 5 moons. Fact #7. It's first moon is called Charon. Fact #8. Pluto's other (known) moons are #2 Nix, #3 Hydra, #4 P4, and #5 P5. Fact #9. My mom is insane. Fact #10. Really she is!

We did go out in the cold that day.  Here are pictures of us in the cold (not as cold as Pluto, though).

4 comments:

  1. Jr. and Nichole got a kick out of Jr.'s last two "facts." I told them that sometimes when I have to leave the computer while I'm writing a blog post, Daddy comes in and writes "My husband is awesome" on my post. Sometimes it gets deleted and sometimes it stays. Of course just because it gets deleted doesn't mean my husband isn't awesome. He's very awesome. The kids thought that was funny so asked me to leave the last two "facts." I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jr.:But....she really is. Don't tell her. Mom:My husband is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete