Tuesday, November 3, 2015

"Pudge Controls the Weather"

Can you guess what movie I'm thinking of from these clues?

No?

Take your time.

Here, I'll give you a hint:

It's "Sandwich Day."

The items in the picture are tuna filling, bread, and peanut butter.

Still not getting it?

It's kind of a tricky, isn't it?

O.K.  I'll give you one more hint.


Now do you get what the movie is?
It's Lilo and Stitch.
And why am I thinking of that movie?  I'll tell you.
Toward the beginning of the movie, Lilo is late for her hula class.  She gives a big long explanation of why she's late.  To summarize, on Sandwich Day each week she takes a peanut butter sandwich to Pudge the fish.  Her sister told her to make a tuna sandwich since they didn't have peanut butter that day.  But since tuna is fish, she couldn't do that.  So she went to the store to get peanut butter to make a sandwich for Pudge and that's what made her late for class.
So since November 3 is indeed Sandwich Day, I've been quoting that part of the movie throughout the day.  For dinner everyone was able to choose tuna sandwiches or peanut butter sandwiches to eat.
I love simple silly celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment