Monday, May 18, 2015

Volcano!

My first time making a baking soda and vinegar volcano.  Really.  We've done volcano cakes with our friend, Nessa, before, but this was the first time doing a volcano with vinegar and baking soda.
And a great day to do it since May 18 this year is the 35th Anniversary of Mount St. Helens blowing her top in 1980.
I made play-doh to go around a water bottle to make the volcano, poured some warm water and a little dishwashing liquid in it, added some baking soda, then poured colored vinegar in to make it erupt.
I got the idea from about.com.

I also served mashed potatoes with dinner so people could make their own mountains.
This is what Nichole came up with.
Ah, so much fun.  And it's funny but I didn't even think to put on the "erupting volcano cake of doom" video for us to watch this time.  I guess it was just too exciting watching our own erupting volcano.
Now Jeremy and I are going to watch "Joes versus the Volcano."

No comments:

Post a Comment