Wednesday, May 20, 2015

And Then There Are Those Times

I said recently that sometimes things are not that great (I don't get along with some kids while other kids are making messes).  Sometimes I feel like I just don't know how to parent.  What is wrong with me?
And then there are those times when I don't feel like a failure.  Tonight, for example.
Nichole had her "Utah" program at the school this evening.  Jeremy was working so I took the kids over by myself.  I didn't want to have to deal with the stroller so Lucky walked (and ran) with the rest of us.  He had a lot of fun with that.
To make a long story short, Nichole did a terrific job with the program and the boys did a great job watching the program.  And I was prepared.  I had bags of crackers in my pockets to hand to Lucky to snack on while he was sitting on a chair (Thanks, Jr., for opening them for Lucky).  When Lucky was done and dumped his crackers on the floor, Jr. picked them up and handed them to me.  I also had a toy car in my pocket to hand to Lucky when he started moving around.  This was all while I was filming the program on our camcorder so Jeremy could watch it later.
Jr. was a big help chasing Lucky and bringing him back when he did start to wander.  Jr. Jr. didn't go too crazy for a 4-year old, either.  Jr. also helped me by filming the end of the program when Lucky needed to be held by me.
It went well and I am so pleased.
And now I have this blog post to remind me that sometimes things do go well even if a few days before they don't.  YES! 
Nichole got to pick a county in Utah to do a report on.  She picked San Juan because we usually make an annual trip there.  She even mentioned in her report about her hat blowing off one time when we were at Arches National Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment