Sunday, December 8, 2013

What Was I Thinking?

For some reason I thought this year would be different.  I thought this year we'd escape the tradition.  The awful tradition of someone being sick the night of the First Presidency Christmas Devotional.  And everyone was doing well, too.  Then all of a sudden today, Jeremy started feeling icky.  Poor guy.  He's been working so hard lately, it's finally catching up to him.  So here we go with that not so pleasant tradition once again.  Jeremy's sick.  He did make it through church today but got a lot worse later.
On the bright side, December 8 is National Brownie Day and even though Jeremy's sick, I felt well enough to bake brownies.  So the kids were able to eat brownies while watching the First Presidency Christmas Devotional.
Since we use the Devotional as our scripture study for the day it's on, before it started and while I was making brownies, the kids were asking each other questions about what we had been studying over the last several days.  It was cute to hear Nichole and Jr. asking Jr. Jr. about the town where Jesus was born.  I could hear their little voices coming from the "time machine" they built in their room.  Today is also Pretend to be a Time Traveler Day.  
I love when the kids come up with their own ways to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment