Monday, December 5, 2011

Not So Pleasant Tradition

What is this? A Christmas tradition?
I don't think it was this way last year, but two years ago, we missed church due to colds, but we got to watch the First Presidency Christmas Devotional that night.
This year, it was something a little worse than colds. I stayed home, due to being sick to my stomach (lasted all day long and I'm not going to go into more details- you can guess). Jr. Jr. stayed with me because he was asleep when the others left and Jeremy had to be available to teach in Elder's Quorum in case the person teaching wasn't there (he was there, but Jeremy had a good lesson prepared- good for discussion in our own home).
So once again I missed church, but did get to watch the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. It was great and the kids did a great job answering questions about it for our advent calendar discussion.

We all stayed awake during the devotional and I only missed the closing song and prayer due to running to the bathroom.
Hooray for little blessings.
Today I'm feeling better (not much energy, I still need to recuperate) but Jr. is taking his turn with this bug. Poor little guy. Wish us luck.

2 comments:

  1. Being sick is no fun. We hope you feel better soon and that it passes quickly for anyone else who gets it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo. :( Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete