Monday, December 2, 2013

Ah Ha!


We did it.  We celebrated.  We've been lacking lately.  Can you believe we didn't even get around to Pizza With the Works Except Anchovies Day on November 12?

But yesterday, December 1, was Eat a Red Apple Day.  And we did it.  And I'm blogging about it.
And today, December 2, was National Fritters Day, and we were at the grocery store, and we were hungry, and they had apple fritters in the donut section, and they had a dozen donuts/fritters/maple and chocolate bars/etc. in a box, and we wanted them, so we celebrated, and I'm blogging about it.
I'm determined to do some more celebrating- and blogging about it, even if it's the simple kind like yesterday and today.  I think it's good for our family.  It's good for our children's creativity.  And the kids love to look at my blog and get a kick out of how much fun we've had as a family.  So here we are.

In other news, since it's December, we've also started our annual Countdown to Christmas scripture study with mint M&Ms.

This morning we read Isaiah 9:6 where Isaiah prophesies of the different names Christ will be known as.  Last year I had the opportunity to sing with the Pleasant Grove Choir and Orchestra singing Handel's Messiah.  Jeremy and the kids came to watch part of it and Jeremy took a video of that piece, singing the words of this scripture.  After reading the scripture this morning, we all sat down to watch Mommy singing it.
Here's a picture of me the night of the concert.
I look a bit different this year.
There are plenty of reasons to celebrate and it's time for me to get back to blogging about them.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment