Friday, March 1, 2013

Service Pigs

March 1 is National Pig Day.  I had ideas of what we could do with it: play Pass the Pigs, read Pig Pigger Piggest by Rick Walton, watch Babe, eat pigs in a blanket.
All we managed to do was eat pigs in a blanket.

The boys and I were able to celebrate another holiday, though.  March 1 is also Share a Smile Day.  Before Nichole came home from school, the boys and I went around delivering smiles to some friends and neighbors.  I printed out notes that said, "March 1st is Share a Smile Day.  We want you to know we're thinking of you and would like to share this smile, too."  Jr. then drew smiley faces on the notes.
It was nice to do that bit of service, sharing smiles, and getting smiles in return.  Of course at a few places, the boys played with the kids while I chatted with the moms.  Fun for all.

After Nichole came home, I took the kids out to Hill Park because the weather was so nice.  March did not come in like a lion this year.  Nichole and Jr. had fun riding their scooters around while I pushed Jr. Jr. in the stroller. 

By the time we got home there wasn't time to do any of those pig-themed activities except the pigs in a blanket.  Jr. did go around snorting like a pig every time someone said the word, "pig" for a while.

2 comments:

  1. One of our favorite quick meals these days is pigs in a blanket, using the little cheesy hot dogs. Mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmm, next time I should definitely put some cheese in there. That sounds so good.

      Delete