Thursday, February 28, 2013

Me Time- Me Day

Today I got to take Me Day.  The day started off with a choice.  Did I want to go out for some quiet time to watch the sunrise at a park or did I want to sleep in?  I sort of did both.  I slept in later than I originally planned after pushing the snooze button so many times.  When I finally decided to let myself sleep instead of getting up, I reset the alarm and then noticed it was getting lighter outside, meaning there wasn’t any storm happening this morning.  Oh no.  If I didn’t get out I’d regret it.  So I quickly threw some things together and ran out the door.  It was definitely later than I would have liked, but I knew I’d still enjoy it.  Since it’s still Winter, I wouldn’t be able to spend much time out of the car waiting for the sun to rise anyway.  I drove to a few parks to see the colors in the sky and on the mountains all around.  It’s amazing what different views you get at different places.   


After spending some nice quiet time, I picked up a few things from the store before heading home to be there with Jr. Jr. while Jeremy took the older kids to school.
While the kids were at school, Jr. Jr. and I had some bonding time while Jeremy worked at home.  Jr. Jr. and I went to lap time at the Orem Library, where toddlers can sit on parents’ (or other caregivers’) laps while listening and participating as a story teller tells stories, reads, sings songs, etc.  It was nice.  After the story time, Jr. Jr. and I looked at some board books then ran around in the library for a little while.  I got some good exercise as Jr. Jr. wanted to go up and down the stairs numerous times.  We got home just as Jeremy left to pick up Jr. from school.
After lunch, Jeremy cut my hair.
 Before and Right Before

After
Cute, isn’t it?
Then I had fun doing something I haven’t done in years.  I polished my toenails and fingernails.  I started with the toenails and tried out the different nail polishes I have.  Man, it’s been years and those things still work.  They’re not dried out or hardened like I would expect them to be.  I’m happy about that.
The boys were very interested in what I was doing.  I don’t think Jr. Jr.’s ever seen me polish my fingernails before.  After painting my toenails different colors, the boys helped me decide which colors I wanted to put on my fingernails.  I picked two and alternated between nails.  I felt like reddish colors.
Jr. was behaving and got to get his toenails polished, too, then I helped him with some of his homework while Jeremy got Nichole from school.  
Because it was Me Day, while Jeremy was fixing dinner, I treated myself to a little treat (I knew I wouldn't spoil my appetite for dinner) in my room while watching a chick flick.   
And I mean an actual romantic comedy this time (not an action movie).  Nichole and Jr. found the calculators I had bought at the store that morning and kept themselves very content playing with them in the living room so I didn’t have to worry about them interrupting my movie watching… mostly.  Jr. Jr. came in and fell asleep on my bed while the movie was on.
He woke up just as the movie was finishing and a few minutes later it was time for dinner.  Nice timing.
During dinner, the older kids informed us that they both get to go to Dr. Seuss parties in their classes tomorrow.  I informed them that they got to go to a Dr. Seuss party at home on Saturday, too.  Jeremy informed us all that he got to go to another Dr. Seuss party on Saturday for work.
I ended Me Day by reading a Tooth Fairy book to the kids since February 28th is National Tooth Fairy Day.
It was a good Me Day.

1 comment: