Friday, March 8, 2013

Kenneth Grahame's Birthday

March 7 was Cereal Day.  We ate cereal.  It wasn't too exciting.
But today, March 8, is Kenneth Grahame's birthday.  Kenneth Grahame was the author of The Wind in the The Willows.  And this year marks the 105th anniversary of when The Wind in the Willows was published.
The boys and I went down to the library today and picked up some books.  One of course was The Wind in the Willows.  The edition we checked out had illustrations by Ernest H. Shepard, who as we know was also the illustrator of the Winnie-the-Pooh books. 

Jr. was sweet to take a picture for me.  Then I went into the other room to read The Reluctant Dragon, also written by Kenneth Grahame.  I'll read The Wind in the Willows later.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to look for that edition, Kristin. I love Shepard's illustrations.

    ReplyDelete