Sunday, December 30, 2012

Mercer Mayer's Birthday

In my last post, I talked about major anniversaries or birthdays in 2012 and wondered what major anniversaries or birthdays were coming up in 2013.  Well today, December 30, is author Mercer Mayer's birthday.  And in 2013 he will turn 70.

We love Mercer Mayer in our home.  I grew up reading Mercer Mayer books and was so happy to introduce our children to his books years ago.  I shared a cute blog post of Jr. Jr. with a Mercer Mayer book a couple years ago.  My mom knows we love Mercer Mayer and has gotten us several of the Little Critter books, including "Just a Little Critter Collection" with 7 books in one.

Tonight I thought it would be great to read some Mercer Mayer while we were having some food at the table.  The kids brought their own books to the table, so Jeremy had me get a picture of what it sometimes feels like when the kids have books in their hands (I do love that our kids have a love of reading, but sometimes they are supposed to be doing other things).


I tried to read you a Mercer Mayer book... but you were too busy.

I did get to read the kids a Little Critter story later, though.

Happy Birthday, Mercer Mayer.  We love you.

1 comment: