Thursday, February 3, 2011

Year of the Rabbit

Last year, the kids and I did something simple for Chinese New Year. This year, the kids did something simple again- they watched Kung Fu Panda.

But we grownups made Chinese food, quite a bit of Chinese food. My picky eaters only ate a little of what we made, which meant more for Jeremy and me.

For after school snack, we had some Botan Rice Candy. It is individually wrapped with an inner wrapper that is edible. Jeremy remembers his dad bringing some home for them when they were younger.

Nichole and Jr. both wanted to hold it while I took pictures so I figured I'd let all the kids have a chance.

So I don't drag on too much about what we ate, here's a quick list of our menu items:
Orange chicken (chicken cooked in Panda Express orange sauce)

Chow mein

Fried rice

Pot stickers (from a frozen package)

Homemade egg rolls

and of course fortune cookies for dessert (also from a package).

Here's what our fortunes were:

Nichole: Your mind is creative, original and alert.
Jr.: You will soon have your moment of glory.
Mommy: Do not rely on those who do not care about you.
Daddy: Unusual experience will enrich your life.

I must say Thank You to my wonderful husband who made most of the food. Thank You, Jeremy.

5 comments:

  1. You are welcome lovely head. Thank you for keeping the kids from defeating each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fortune cookie sayings. Wonder what a toddler boys' moment of glory could be? That might be scary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being completely potty trained? I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Being completely potty trained? I hope."
    :-) That's a great mother's response. I love it.

    ReplyDelete