Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Little Taste of Hungary

Now I could talk about all my New Year's resolutions in a blog post, but I'm not going to. I'm continually trying to improve myself, so I don't need to make a list for the New Year. I should have already been working on my goals. What I am going to write about is some fun we had last night.


We got together with some friends last night for dinner and we basically had a culture night. Both Jeremy and the dad of the family served their missions for our church in Hungary, so we've been excited about eating Hungarian food together. Last night we had the opportunity. We made food to bring over and they made food. This is what we ate (I apologize in advance for mistakes in spelling, having no accents, and even if I got words wrong- rough translations):


Mushroom soup


Gombaszik leves



Cucumber salad

Uborka salata



Sandwiches

Szendvicsek


Hungarian Stew

Gulyas
Bread
Kenyer

Stuffed cabbage
Toltott kaposzta



Chocolate Sponge Cake Dessert which I didn't get a picture of and have no idea what it is called in Hungarian

While eating and after, the kids had a lot of fun playing while the adults and some of the older kids enjoyed hearing stories about Hungary and general chatting. Time flew and we got home really late that night. We'll have another late night tonight. Balloon twisting for 6 hours for Provo First Night at the Provo Towne Center Mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment