Thursday, March 4, 2021

Some Holidays From Last Week

Monday, February 22, was Cook a Sweet Potato Day. I made sweet potato fries. Lucky decided that they looked like Ood tentacles (see Doctor Who) so he went with it.


Tuesday, February 23, was National Rationalization Day. There was definitely rationalizing going on. I rationalized making banana muffins for National Banana Bread Day. Jet loves bananas and apparently banana muffins as well. He devoured the one or two I gave him and then when he saw I put one on my plate for myself, he begged for that one, too. Sigh. I did eventually get one for myself.


Wednesday, February 24, was National Tortilla Chip Day. With dinner we had chips and salsa.

Friday, February 26, was For Pete's Sake Day. Yes, that phrase was most definitely uttered.

Sunday, February 28, was Public Sleeping Day. I won't mention how many people slept during online church. To be honest, some of us have been getting our February sicknesses, so that's a good excuse for sleeping. We did a good job at skipping the bad stuff in December (some Winters are really bad) so we're having some little illnesses now (not as bad as December usually is). So it was a blessing to still be able to "go" to church even while sick. I've enjoyed the not getting as sick thing this Winter.

I signed up and attended some RootsTech stuff about Family History so February 28, Tartar Sauce Day, I also told my family a story from my childhood about tartar sauce. I did so as we ate salmon burgers with... you guessed it... tartar sauce. Speaking of family history and RootsTech, I needed a profile picture for it so I took these two pictures and decided to use one of them. Guess which one I used. 

Yeah, I ended up choosing more conservative over what I would have used on Facebook or something. But you get the benefit of seeing both of my choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment