Friday, March 12, 2021

Get Over It, You Meatball

March 9 was National Get Over It Day. I told the kids, "Mom's not making dinner. Get over it." I did let them know they could have what I made for lunch, though. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. 

Unstuffed bell peppers from budgetbytes.com Yumm.

We all went around telling each other, "Don't be a meatball," since March 9 is also National Meatball Day. I didn't make meatballs to eat, either. Get over it.

We actually got along even with the name calling so after dinner I let the boys build a mountain out of pillows so they could "get over it." Woohoo. They had some fun. It was Lucky's idea and I'm glad it worked out.

That morning, Jr. put on The Beatles song, "Come Together," because the words are, "Come together right now over me." "Over" me? Get it? Yeah, that's creativity again for you.


Some other unrelated- but related because they have to do with celebrating but I didn't get pictures and they're not worthy of their own posts- notes:

March 10 was Pack Your Lunch Day. Jeremy did. 

March 11 was Johnny Appleseed Day. We ate apples and I just now realized that we have that cartoon about Johnny Appleseed on DVD but I wasn't paying that much attention that day so we didn't watch it but we could have since we got it since the last time we celebrated Johnny Appleseed Day and oh, well, I wasn't thinking about that so "that's the way the cookie crumbles" or the way the oatmeal nut waffles crumble since March 11 was also Oatmeal Nut Waffles Day but I also didn't make oatmeal nut waffles but I made chicken cordon bleu casserole which in my opinion is really tasty even though Jr. Jr. didn't like it and made a big deal about not being willing to even taste it even though I have so many stories about how I used to be so picky and didn't like such and such and then I finally had it one time in this circumstance and ever since then I've liked that food so tastes change which is why my kids should continue to eat the food I make because maybe one day they'll have one of those moments where they decide, oh, this food is actually good and I can't believe I used to not like it just like in Mom's stories.

P.S. Jr. Jr. informed me that instead of the phrase, "That's the way the cookie crumbles," mountain men would say, "That's the way the stick floats." I love that he learned those kinds of things during his mountain men unit in school.


No comments:

Post a Comment