Thursday, January 30, 2020

Perhaps You'd Like to Chew... On Your Fist

We celebrated Chinese New Year on January 25. It's the year of the rat, the metal rat.
I love how "helpful" our children are. I wanted to get a picture of the Chinese food we made (Jeremy made most of it, I wrapped the egg rolls). I had my arms full of baby again so Lucky offered to take a picture of the food. What a sweetie. Of course even standing on a chair he was too short to get all the food in the picture from the angle he was at but it's the thought that counts.
Jeremy was also a sweetie and held Jet while I ate.
There have been times in the past where we have watched Kung Fu Panda for Chinese New Year. Fun movie. There is a line toward the beginning of the movie where a character says, "I see you like to chew. Perhaps you'd like to chew... on my fist." Jet has gotten into chewing on his fist lately, including on Chinese New Year so we've been going around saying, "Perhaps you'd like to chew... on your fist." It's the small things, I tell you.
After dinner and fortune cookies, Jeremy took the four kids (as compared to the one baby) to the mall for the Chinese New Year celebration over there.
Apparently it was very foggy that night so instead of coming home when they were done, they hung out in the van until it was time for fireworks. We can normally watch the mall fireworks from our house, but not in that kind of fog.

While they were gone, I celebrated a little of A Room of One's Own Day, also January 25. I often spend quite a bit of time in my room anyway with this new baby in cold/flu season (I look forward to Spring but I'm glad I'm not stir crazy). While Jet slept, I got out my new foot spa I got for Christmas and was using it while wearing my comfy new bathrobe when Jeremy and the kids got back.
Earlier in the day I did get the room to myself to take a nap while Jeremy took care of Jet. Thanks, Jeremy. And thanks, Jet, for being content while I got some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment