Monday, April 8, 2024

Spring Break 2024

The boys had Spring Break April 1-5.
O.K. So we did celebrate April Fool's Day on April 1.
I put on the menu plan that we were going to have Ogre Stew and Muriel's Pretzel Knots. What we actually had was Italian Bean Soup and Garlic Knots (from A Season of Family Meal Plans), which looked enough like the other dishes. Bwah ha ha. Unfortunately, I think the soup was quite a disappointment to Jr. who had his hopes up for Ogre Stew. Honestly, I prefer Ogre Stew myself. I did traditional gelatin in place of Koolaid again, this time in a pitcher.

A couple of my boys put April Fool's notes on people's backs and I found one in my hair at one point.
The next morning as we were getting Jeremy ready for work, we found one more April Fool's prank we missed the night before.

April 2 was Peanut Butter and Jelly Day. It was also a Palindrome Day. 4-2-24
 
April 3 was Fish Fingers and Custard Day. We had our traditional dinner and watched several episodes of Doctor Who.
Jr. Jr. rationalized video games by naming a fish, "fingers and custerd," in Minecraft. "This is my fish, fingers and custerd."
 
April 4 was Walk Around Things Day. I went out for a walk along the lake starting in Vineyard and since it was Walk Around Things Day, I had to walk all the way up to Vineyard Beach, which by the way isn't much of a beach right now because of how much water there is in the lake (yay), and around the Geneva Cooling Ponds by Lindon Marina. Then I walked back and it was such a pleasant walk. It really was. I took our new camera and got to see some birds for the first time this year. Oh, I love walking and birding.
It was also National Burrito Day so we had burritos and Spanish Rice for dinner.

April 5 was First Contact Day. The boys saw it on the calendar and wondered what it was so I explained to them how, "A guy built a rocket and flew up into space on April 5... what year does it say?" "2063." "Yeah, 2063. And Vulcans saw it and made first contact with the humans." The boys were a bit confused and finally asked, "Is that from a movie or something?" "It's a Star Trek thing," I explained. So now they know.

No comments:

Post a Comment