Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Celebrating with Food Again

Wednesday, January 20, was Penguin Awareness Day. We usually do more to celebrate but didn't this year. We just ate fish sticks and there was just a little talk about penguins.

Thursday, January 21, was National Granola Bar Day. The kids ate granola bars for after school snack.

Friday, January 22, was Blonde Brownie Day. I made blondies for my family.

Since January 22 is also National Polka Dot Day, the kids and I watched the episode of Animaniacs based on the Marx Brothers movie, Duck Soup. In "King Yacko," there is a running joke with Dot bringing out outfits that all have polka dots on them. The characters look and say, "Polka dot?" Dot then says, "If you insist," and begins to polka with that character.

My dad pointed out to me that the 20th was a palindrome day. 1-20-2021. The kids pointed out that the next several day were palindrome days as well. 1-21-21. 1-22-21. Etc. Etc. Etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment