Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Family History Story

When I was a kid, we had bats that made their home in our attic. In the evenings, we kids would go outside and watch them come out and fly around. Bats are cool. 
One night a bat escaped into the house through a hole in the kitchen ceiling. The timing was such that it was right in the middle of the family watching... Batman. The Tim Burton version (that was the Batman movie when I was a kid).
Ah, memories.
Recently I was going to watch that movie while doing menu planning (multi tasker here). Jet had different ideas. We're going to snuggle while watching, Mom.
On a different day, April 17, I started watching Batman Returns... for Bat Appreciation Day
It was also National Banana Day so there was banana eating.
It was also Blah Blah Blah Day. I think that's what my kids hear sometimes when I ask them to do things.
That day was also National Cheeseball Day. I made cheeseball and got it chilled in the fridge but forgot to get it out and shape it later that day so we didn't eat it until the next day. I never did shape it.
Here's another bit of family history but with my current family. One year Nichole shaped cheeseball like a bat to celebrate both holidays (National Cheeseball Day and Bat Appreciation Day). One of these years we just have to get her to shape a cheeseball like a haiku poem for Haiku Poetry Day, also on April 17. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.
Oh, I just looked it up that family history story of Nichole shaping the cheeseball to look like a bat. Ha Ha. That was just last year. My post about it was on June 10, 2023. And apparently, Jr. wrote a haiku poem about it. Heh Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment