Monday, February 5, 2024

Groundhog Day 2024

Okay. The last three posts? I couldn't help it. We were quoting the Bill Murray movie throughout the day on Groundhog Day. Jeremy and I listened to "I Got You Babe" by Sonny and Cher.
It all started Thursday, February 1, when Jeremy sent me a link to a commercial with Stephen Tobolowsky, who played Ned in the movie Groundhog Day.
As February 2 was also Tater Tot Day, Jeremy went to look for Tater Tots on his way home from work Thursday. He walked in our door and said, "Tater tots were not a good price. But these were on sale and I thought, 'Groundhog Lay's,'" and set down a bag of Lay's potato chips. He then went outside and came back in with another package of Lay's potato chips and said the same thing. Then he went outside again and came in with one more package saying the same words. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. We all got a kick out of it. 
So on Friday, February 2, we ate a bag of those chips. Then Saturday, February 3, we ate another bag since it was "Groundhog Day" again. See previous three posts.
Friday morning I also mentioned it was World Wetlands Day. I'd have loved to go to a wetlands area but it was raining so I was driving on wet lands.
That evening was a funeral or celebration of life for my aunt who passed away recently. Jeremy, Nichole, and I went. It was so good to see so many relatives- so many cousins. I haven't seen most of them in years. Even though we don't get together as often as when we were kids (yearly family reunions at Grandma's), the love in our family is still there and always will be. 
My sister brought one of her kids so we got to represent my parents' family since the weather was not such that my parents could travel from Oregon.
I am grateful that my aunt doesn't have to worry about any of her health troubles any more. She is missed but she gets to be with her parents, one of her daughters, and two of her brothers again. I am grateful for the Plan of Salvation. Life continues after death and we do get to see loved ones again.

No comments:

Post a Comment