Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Identifying Gulls But Not Groundhogs

Saturday, February 2, was World Wetlands Day.  Nichole and I went to Farmington Bay for a Gull Identification Clinic.  It was very informative and enjoyable.  I feel I know so much more now. 
Then we went out into the field to put our new identifying skills into practice.  We saw 4 or 4 1/2 different species (by 4 1/2 I mean that there is a species of gull that is technically all one species but the subspecies is practically its own species so they are both mentioned separately).
It was appropriate to be there on World Wetlands Day.

We went home to celebrate the other holiday, Groundhog Day.  Jeremy fixed us imitation groundhog burgers again this year.  What was even better was that we also had turkey bacon, which is another imitation hog.  Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.
I was just going to swirl my ketchup around on my bun but it happened to drip just right to become a smiley face.  Ha Ha.  How great is that? Totally unintentional.

That evening the movie, Groundhog Day, was put on.  Some people watched parts of it.
And sadly, I still don't know if the groundhog saw its shadow or not on Saturday.  How sad is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment