Friday, February 5, 2021

Groundhog Day!

It's February. It's cold in the mornings when I take Nichole to school. I often say, "It's cold out there this morning. It's cold out there every morning. What is this? Miami Beach? Not hardly." So when I woke up on February 2nd, I had the great idea of how to wake the boys for family prayer. Jeremy and I found the words used in the radio broadcast in the first waking up scene from Groundhog Day and read that scene for the kids. "Okay, campers, rise and shine," and "It's Groundhog Day!" Some of the boys were not that enthusiastic. But it woke them up. Tee Hee.
Nichole brought home a book from school that had a Groundhog Day type thing going on where it kept repeating. 
Since February 2nd is also National Tater Tot Day, we ate a quick dinner of tater tots and some hamburger (imitation groundhog), so I could go watch Nichole perform in an orchestra recital. Good job, Nichole.
And good job me for braving my separation anxiety being away from my baby that long.
The boys watched Groundhog Day while we were gone.
And that's how we celebrated February 2nd this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment