Monday, January 23, 2023

We Are Birders

Jeremy, Nichole, and I all took on the 2022 challenge for Utah County Birders. This time it was seeing at least 22 species in as many different counties in Utah as possible and going to field trips and to UCB meetings.
Jeremy went out a few times on his own and with the family. I went out a few times on my own and with the kids (remember 2-22-22?). Jeremy and I went on field trips together. Nichole and I went on field trips together. At times our whole family went out together (Snow Goose Festival, anyone? Spring Break at the lek?).
Jeremy reached the Silver level and got a bird box (owl or kestrel). Nichole and I both reached the Bronze level. I got a birding calendar. Nichole got a photo print of a bird.
We got our awards and certificates at the first of the year meeting at the Golden Corral. It's been a few years since we've been able to meet like that there. Last time was January of 2020 when I stayed home with a new baby and Jeremy took Nichole and Jr.

Oh, I love birding and I love Utah County Birders. It was so good to see birding friends again and to see some new birders. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment