Friday, March 11, 2022

Fresh Air After Sickness

Fresh air is a wonderful thing after you've been sick. When I was starting to feel better, I went out for a walk one morning. It was such a nice morning that I got away with wearing a sweatshirt and not a heavy coat. Later I was surprised to find out it was snowing. I told you March didn't come in like a lion but we've had a few snowstorms.
As I walked near the lake I was pleased to find I was being serenaded by red-winged blackbirds. It was so pleasant. 
At one point I thought about turning around instead of making a loop. I'm glad I didn't. If I had, I wouldn't have seen the great blue heron and green-winged teals and other birds that were a little farther on.
Another neat thing was the group of Canada geese flying around that flew so close to me I could hear their wings flap right over my head. I LOVE BIRDS!
The last bird I saw before getting back in the van was a bald eagle that was flying around. I love it.
Another day, Jet and I went out for a walk (or walks because we went for walks in two different spots).
There's a good reason to bring a camera and binoculars when I go out for walks. At a duck pond, besides the park ducks, we saw a female hooded merganser.
We ended up at Utah Lake State Park to look at gulls and a bald eagle.
There was a gull in my way where I was driving so I slowed down and stopped to give it time to move. As soon as I stopped, a bunch of other gulls flew down right in front of me. I had to start moving just so they would move. It gave me a chuckle.
It was gorgeous and so nice to get some fresh air with my walking buddy.


No comments:

Post a Comment