Sunday, February 6, 2022

Duck Days

I knew the kids had another day off of school coming up so I put together some ideas of expeditions we could go on like when we went to Dripping Rock but before presenting any ideas I asked the kids if they had anything they wanted to do in particular. Two of them wanted to go to a duck pond and the others didn't have an opinion. Duck pond it was.
Unfortunately when we finally got out, it was closer to evening so we weren't able to stay too long. We got great lighting for Nichole and Jr. to take some pictures while Jr. Jr. and Lucky fed the ducks.
 
You can tell where Lucky is in the back of this picture because of all the ducks headed in his direction.
Jr.: I'm surrounded. 

Among all the mallards/park ducks there was a wood duck. That was fun to see.
It got later so with the promise of coming back the next day we headed home.
 
February 4 was Homemade Soup Day so I heated up leftover taco soup and said the kids could have whatever other leftovers they could find.
 
When Jeremy got home we had a date night. The kids watched a movie in our room while Jeremy and I watched the new Ghostbusters movie that we've been waiting years for. It was supposed to come to theaters in 2020 then everything shut down so it finally was released late last year and Jeremy and I watched it on DVD for date night.
I also made ghost shaped rice crispy treats (made with marshmallows of course). Tee Hee. 
 
The next day we headed back to Paul Ream Wilderness Park where the kids fed the ducks and Jet ran around. February 5 was National Play Outside Day.
 
This is how Jet feeds the ducks. Oats all over his hair and coat.
 
Earlier in the day, Nichole showed us a watercolor picture she did of the wood duck from the park. Fun. She's getting good use of new watercolors she got for Christmas.
 
Also earlier in the day, I celebrated Ice Cream for Breakfast Day. I did not feel guilty about it. When the kids saw me, they all asked and got permission for ice cream, too.
 
So those were our duck days. Then on February 6, I celebrated the anniversary of when Alan Shepard hit golf balls on the moon by playing a golf game on the internet.
By the way, February 6 is also Lame Duck Day but we didn't go back to the park to look for lame ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment