Sunday, November 12, 2017

Violins and Bats

November 8 was Bram Stoker's birthday.
Nichole had an orchestra concert that evening.  Jr. and I dropped off the boys at a friends' house and had some Mommy-Jr. time watching the concert.
Nichole did so well.  She's really taken to the violin (she's always been musical).  She even got to play a fiddling duel with another student in the concert.  I'm so proud of her.

After the concert we all sat down to eat toast and read about vampire bats (because of the holiday).  Unfortunately, it was dark/night and Jeremy was out of town at a convention and... vampire bats. *shiver*
Don't get me wrong.  I love bats, but that night (and reading about drinking blood)- eek.  I was afraid we'd get nightmares.  So Nichole read to us about hippos.  Not nearly as eek.
I didn't get nightmares even though after the kids went to bed I watched the Doctor Who episode, "The Vampires of Venice."
None of the kids mentioned getting nightmares either.  Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment