Thursday, November 16, 2017

Teddy Bears, Pickles, and Hole Punchers... Oh My

Well, we had on our calendar that November 14 was National American Teddy Bear Day.  We had checked out the Teddy Bear Encyclopedia from the library but didn't do much looking at it that day.  Oh well. 
I asked Nichole and Jr. to help with some menu planning.  I showed them what holidays were on the calendar and they got pretty creative with figuring out foods to go with the holidays.
Jr. let me know that bears eat meat so we should have hamburgers for dinner on Teddy Bear Day. 
I didn't have it written on the calendar, but I found an old facebook post that November 14 was also Pickle Day (I now have it on the calendar).  We made sure to have pickles with our hamburgers.
Earlier in the day, Google informed me that that day was also the anniversary of the hole puncher so while Lucky had a friend over to play, I let them go at some construction paper with hold punches.  After a while I emptied the holes onto the table for them to get creative with, then stopped their play when they started blowing the holes off the table.  Sigh.  They did a good job cleaning up afterward, though.
So several things to celebrate that day, only one of which was planned before the day started.

No comments:

Post a Comment