Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Be an Angel Day 2016

It has been a busy year so far.  We've done a lot, but I haven't always had time for blogging (or I've been too tired or I just haven't wanted to, etc. etc.).
So here are the kids on the last day of school last school year.
 
Here they are on the first day of school this year.

They started school on Be an Angel Day.  Apparently they were well behaved.  :Phew.
I wasn't really worried.  They are angels.
Since it was Be an Angel Day, for dinner we ate chicken alfredo with angel hair pasta.  Yumm.

I'd been promising the kids all Summer to eventually take them to the Museum of Natural Curiosity at Thanksgiving Point.  Finally on the first day of school, we did that for FHE.


There's a spot in Kidopolis where you can change a marquee to say what is "playing" at the theatre.  Nichole went up there to change it.  I was sitting down with a sleeping Lucky in my arms and had a great view of how she was changing it.  I could tell at first she was trying to make it say "World of Birds."  (Where does she get it from?)  She found she didn't have all the right letters so I could see her changing it to say "World of Animals."  Again, not all the right letters.  By this time, Jeremy had joined me and we watched as she changed the marquee to "World of Beasts" and as she is so clever, she made it into "World of Egg Beasts."  Yeah, so she got her "World of Birds" in there after all.  So clever.

Skipping ahead to today.  It is National Waffle Day.  For dinner we had... waffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment