Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Captain Orange Veggies Fudge

June 16.
Captain Picard Day.  We didn't watch any Star Trek, but Jeremy and I joked about telling the kids to "make it so" when they wanted to help with things.

National Fudge Day.  The kids did help me make fudge.  The recipe came from the June/July 2015 issue of FamilyFun Magazine.  Creamsicle Fudge.  Yum.  Oh, and I just realized something.  The recipe says to refrigerate the fudge for the final time before eating it.  I put it in the freezer.  Maybe that's why the pieces came out of the pan like this.
Oh well.  I just put the rest of it in the fridge and maybe it will be easier to get out in the morning.  Still tastes great, though.  Also, the recipe says to take it all out of the pan before cutting it into pieces and I only wanted to take a few pieces out for pictures.  That's fine, though.

No Orange Clothes Day.  None of us wore orange clothes.  Although 3 of us wore red shirts, which is more of a nod to the classic Star Trek series than Next Generation.

Fresh Veggies Day.  I made sure we had fresh carrot sticks and celery sticks to go with dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment