Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Oh What Do You Do In The Summertime...

...When all the world is green?
Today I was able to take all the kids to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens.  We made it just in time for Story Time in the visitor's center.  The lady read the book, "The Bugliest Bug."  Then the kids were able to color bug crowns and look and hold real bugs.  They all went outside to watch a dragonfly be released into the gardens.  They named it "Copter" before it flew away.
My kids and I had a good time walking around the gardens.  Since yesterday the boys got to pick activities to do, today I let Nichole pick which gardens we visited.
We had fun.  I love my kids.

One thing I forgot to mention yesterday: since it was Tuesday, there were a lot more people at the gardens.  Every Tuesday in August, Thanksgiving Point does $2 Tuesdays for their venues- The Museum of Ancient Life, the Museum of Natural Curiosity, Farm Country, and the Gardens.  It was a good thing Lucky and I weren't going to go to the Museum of Natural Curiosity.  As we drove passed, I could see the line to get in.  It was soooooo long.  At the Gardens, we only had to wait for a few people.

No comments:

Post a Comment