Saturday, August 16, 2014

A Golden Evening

August 16th is National Tell a Joke Day.  Jeremy checked out a joke book from the library and we were telling jokes throughout the day.

The best part of the day was no joke, though.
This evening we got to celebrate my aunt and uncle's Golden Wedding Anniversary.  That's right.  50 years they've been married.  That really is something nowadays.  A lot of marriages don't seem to last that long (mine will, and longer, just like my aunt and uncle).  It was beautiful to see so much support for my aunt and uncle.  Big family get together.  Most of my cousins were there.
Since my aunt and uncle have made a lot of quilts during their life together, that was the theme for the evening.  There were dozens of quilts (that they'd made) around the room.  It brought back good feelings from my childhood to see some of them. 
Jeremy was asked to make a quilt out of balloons for the celebration.  It had a big golden 50 in the middle and was popular for photos.
Once again I was able to get pictures of Lucky and me with a couple of my cousins and their babies.  One set was different this time.  So don't be confused if the cousin and baby look different than last time I got pictures like that.  There's a reason.  Four of us had babies within 6 months of each other and we're not always around each other at the same time.
Lucky's expression isn't nearly as cheerful in this picture as last time.  Oh well.  He's still cute.
After the event was over, the balloon quilt was taken down and the grandkids of my aunt and uncle got under it like... a quilt.  It was fun to see the adults trying to get pictures of all the kids under it and the whole quilt.
Jeremy saw the kids lying there and commented, "Sorry I didn't make balloon pillows."  Ha Ha Ha.  National Tell a Joke Day, right?

It was a golden evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment